Victor Gentile's Reviews > The Colonel's Lady

The Colonel's Lady by Laura Frantz

Aug 17, 2011

Read in August, 2011

Laura Franz in her new book, "The Colonel's Lady" published by Revell takes us back to Kentucky in 1779.

Yes, it is true I like Westerns. When I was growing up most of the Television shows were Westerns and I enjoyed watching them and the stories that they told. The good guys were really good and the bad guys were really bad and the women were worth fighting for even if they weren't so good because everyone was redeemable except the really bad guys. In "The Colonel's Lady" Laura Franz has given us an old-fashioned Western that will really get the blood going.

Roxanna Rowan has left her home in Virginia to travel to a remote Kentucky fort, hoping to be reunited with her beloved father. When she arrives, Roxanna is devastated to find her father has been killed on a mission, she cannot leave for she is penniless and it is too dangerous to leave the fort. Roxanna is hired to take her father's place as Colonel Cassius McLinn's scrivener.

It wouldn't be a romance unless their was an interest between these two characters however there are secrets that threaten their romance. Outside the walls are hostile Indians and Redcoats and inside there is a spy and the forces seem to be against them except there is God.

Laura Frantz has written a truly intriguing story in "The Colonel's Lady" Ms. Franz has woven in History, Romance and grand Western adventure on the Kentucky Frontier all in one story. Get ready for a thrilling ride in Ms. Franz's best to date. I recommend this book highly.

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours a day non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station http://www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

“Available August 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Colonel's Lady.