Rebecca Rogers's Reviews > The Girl in the Park

The Girl in the Park by Mariah Fredericks

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary, arc, for-review, mystery, thriller

3.5

I always love a good mystery, and this one didn’t disappoint, though I found the writing style to be a little too choppy for my taste.

Local party girl Wendy Geller is found dead in Central Park. As her friends and family try to make sense of the situation, there is one who just wants answers.

Rain hasn’t been close friends with Wendy for two years prior to her death, but she knows a lot about the party girl. Rain was born with a cleft palate and doesn’t speak for fear she’ll be humiliated. But now is not the time to be silent, because she needs facts. But separating the truth from gossip is tricky business, especially when innocent lives are at stake. Can Rain figure out who Wendy’s killer is, or is she pointing fingers like everybody else?

Overall, if you love a quick murder mystery, you should pick this up. I was definitely surprised at who the killer was.

**ARC courtesy of publisher via NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Park.

August 17, 2011 – Shelved
April 11, 2012 – Shelved as: mystery
April 11, 2012 – Shelved as: thriller
April 13, 2012 –
page 26
11.61% "The writing style reminds me of a mix between Lisa McMann and Courtney Summers. hmm"
April 13, 2012 –