Amanda Croley's Reviews > The Queen and the Cure

The Queen and the Cure by Amy Harmon

Jun 21, 2017

This review can also be found at www.thepaperbackaddict.com
“The very best things in life are born of difficulty. Whatever comes too easily is easily abandoned.”

Amy Harmon never ceases to amaze me. She is able to traverse multiple genres and somehow pulls it off flawlessly. I know each time I pick up one of her books I am going to love it. In the second installment of The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, we follow King Tiras brother Kjell. He's the bastard son of the king and lacks all of the finesse and regality that Tiras possesses. He's more comfortable leading the Kings army, ridding the kingdom of the last of the Volgar. He's also one of the gifted, something he has always denied but has recently accepted. During his travels he finds Sasha, broken and bleeding, driven out by her own community for the gift she was born with. Sasha is able to catch glimpses of the future, but has no ability to direct it and must piece together what she is seeing to make sense of it. Sasha has no memory of who she is or where she came from. Almost immediately upon rescuing her, she's determined to become Kjell's but he's insistent that he doesn't want that, or her. Their journey of finding our what's in Sasha's past will also lead Kjell to the past he didn't know he was missing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen and the Cure.

May 8, 2017 – Shelved