The Real Girl's Reviews > You in Five Acts

You in Five Acts by Una LaMarche

liked it
bookshelves: emotional, notp, ugly-cover, multiple-pov, romance

I was cautious of this book in the beginning, my best friend pulled it off the library shelf and told me to read it, so I had no choice, but the cover, to be honest, was repelling me. Its not a pretty cover. Its not even an okay cover. Its ugly. The title? Weird. A little confusing. The description? Not particularly descriptive. Suffice it to say, You In Five Acts is not something I would have picked up off the shelf myself. I'm compelled to beautiful covers, so sue me.

This book turned out pretty good. It was definitely a page turner, I sat down and read it from cover to cover in an afternoon.

Aspects of You In Five Acts that I enjoyed:

The different personality types of the characters. I really like how non-stereotypical the five leads were. On that note: I really would've liked to see more interaction between the supposed "friends". Liv and Joy are supposedly best friends. Best friends who almost never speak to each other, who have nothing in common, and who spend 90% of the time upset with each other. There are rocky relationships, then there's this.

This book is basically about five teenage dancers\thespians who hang out together for the sole purpose of capturing the affections of another member of the group. Its like hanging out with your crush's friends just because they're your crush's friends.

This book about friendship is ultimately about beating the friend-zone (view spoiler) I won't give it away, but for those of you who have read it, I was not particularly surprised when ( ) died, I guessed it in chapter one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You in Five Acts.

May 7, 2017 – Started Reading
May 7, 2017 – Shelved
May 7, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 6, 2018 – Shelved as: emotional
September 6, 2018 – Shelved as: notp
September 6, 2018 – Shelved as: ugly-cover
September 6, 2018 – Shelved as: multiple-pov
September 6, 2018 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Katie (new) - added it