Pamela Todd's Reviews > Seers

Aug 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: ebook, paranormal, read-in-2011, romance, ya-mg
Read from August 17 to 18, 2011

Seers was a fabulous new take on paranormal YA. It is a very difficult to create an original story in a genre over-run with paranormal beings, yet the author has done just this.

Our protagonist, Kate, leads us through the story. She was a very sympathetic character and one I feel a lot of young people could identify with. Kate faces a daily struggle of keeping up appearances, making sure the mask that covers the grief she sometimes finds overbearing, doesn’t slip.

When Kate meets hot, Irish, transfer student, Patrick, her carefully maintained world stars to crack and crumble around her. As her feelings for Patrick grow, she cannot ignore what has been missing in her relationship with Aaron.

But it isn’t just boy drama Kate has to deal with. Nope. She has the added complication of being a seer – a human with the ability to read auras. This makes her the subsequent target of Demons. Good thing for Kate she has a guardian or two watching her back.

The author keeps the tension up to the limits, making the reader ache to race through the pages to find out what will happen next. The action in Seers is incredible with immortal battles and an act that threatens to further rip Kate’s fragile family apart.

Seers was an enjoyable story and I could not put it down. The only thing I found distracting was the sudden POV shift from Kate to Patrick. I enjoy split POV novels, but Patrick’s chapter seemed to come out of nowhere and I found myself tripping a little to get back into the story. That said, Patrick’s eyes are nice to look through.

This book is perfect for any action, YA, paranormal or romance lover. Something for everyone!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seers.