Just Commonly's Reviews > My Heart Belongs in Ruby City, Idaho: Rebecca’s Plight

My Heart Belongs in Ruby City, Idaho by Susanne Dietze

19895197

In My Heart Belongs in Ruby City, Idaho, we open the scene with a sound of rifle shot as our heroine, Rebecca is traveling on a stage coach to Ruby City to meet her future husband. She'd met him through an ad in the newspaper, and have only corresponded through letters. Within the first chapter, we are witnesses to a beautiful, yet short wedding ceremony. What are the thoughts in Rebecca's mind as she ends the night?

"Lovely wedding day. . . one wee thing. I married the wrong man." (25)

That would indeed be a problem, but all things happen for a reason. What an exciting start! The author, Susanne Dietze surely gave us a run for our money with a story as intriguing to start, characters to love, hate and an ending that may just let you closed the book with complete satisfaction.

The humor was subtle, but downright comical when you read it.

"Pie isn't so easy. . .Crust and I don't get along. Lots more work than a cobbler." (50)

The message of grace was humbling to say the least.

". . . I don't think the Lord is upset that I tended a man who didn't deserve it. That's what grace is. Who would I be if I don't extend some myself?" (118)

To top it off, the meaning of love for this historical romance is timeless.

". . . there's feeling protected behind a bolted door, and then there's the peace that doesn't depend on locks or the law. It comes from love and trust.." (161)

And to end, trust me when I say this is one historical romance read that you'll definitely enjoy!

This review first appeared on Just Commonly blog.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher. I was not required to write a positive review, and have not been compensated for this. This is my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Heart Belongs in Ruby City, Idaho.

May 7, 2017 – Shelved