Karen Mace's Reviews > The Ice

The Ice by Laline Paull

liked it
bookshelves: 20booksofsummer2017

I found the subject matter in this book fascinating and that kept me reading as unfortunately I did find that it dragged a little throughout and became a little too complex with too many issues being introduced and it then slightly overwhelmed the main thread of the story.

I enjoyed the character of Sean, as a wealthy businessman, even if he wasn't particularly likeable, and how his friendship with Tom, the explorer led them to such exotic locations and dangerous expeditions. When Toms' body is discovered in a glacier 3 years after his death, the inquest follows which opens up a can of worms as to the nature of the expedition they were on.

I found the storyline a little confusing when it kept jumping backwards and forwards and just as you were settled on one timeline, it shifted again and another new element was brought into the equation and I would have loved more on Tom and Sean and their relationship - the highs and the lows - as I found the endless speculating and meetings quite flat to read about.

thankyou to netgalley and the publishers for the e-copy in return for a fair and honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ice.

May 7, 2017 – Started Reading