Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)'s Reviews > Fire

Fire by Kristin Cashore

I just re-read this and noticed I didn't have a review on goodreads so here is my review a couple years late, as I read this in June 2011. I still would give this 5 stars because despite some annoying oversights, I still devoured the book in a day and just the fact that I re-read it (which I try to not do too often as there are many books to read!) it still is a great novel, and great series. I did re-read Graceling before this and that book still beats this one by far, but I love getting a glimpse of the history of Leck and the completely different landscape and world-building from Graceling.

The only big glaring problem, which many other people have pointed out, is the whole “look at me, I am so so incredibly beautiful!” I also related better to Katsa, not wanting to have kids and having no “motherly” instincts, whereas Fire really focused on that aspect of her life. And Fire wasn’t as brave as Katsa and definitely relied on other people over herself, much more than Katsa ever did. But I still loved the romance and this series is still one of the best, probably helped by how great Graceling was as a debut novel for Cashore.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.

12/01/2016 marked as: read