Tari's Reviews > Dire Threads

Dire Threads by Janet Bolin

bookshelves: 2019-spring-challenge

I really enjoyed the fact that Willow runs an embroidery shop, because I enjoy doing machine embroidery, so unlike some of the hobbies, jobs, careers of characters in other books, I actually understood and could relate to what she was teaching in her classes. After she came to Elderberry Bay aka Threadville and her shop became a stop for the tour bus, Willow never thought she'd have to deal with someone wanting to tear down the adorable cottage on her property, let alone find said someone dead in her backyard. The good old boy detective, fondly known as Uncle Allen, had Willow practically in jail before giving her a chance to prove her innocence. With the help of her craft shop owning friends, Willow set out to do just that. Some of the things those ladies got into made me laugh out loud!

I liked how Willow gathered all the suspects in her store at the end a la Hercule Poirot. It was a lot less dangerous that way, although she did have some dangerous things happen while she investigated. I never suspected the person who was the killer, but it made sense when it was explained. Everything was neatly wrapped up, and now I'm anxious to keep reading in this series that was very short-lived.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dire Threads.

May 6, 2017 – Shelved