Tari's Reviews > Peach Pies and Alibis

Peach Pies and Alibis by Ellery Adams

bookshelves: 2020-ebooks, 2020-library-love

As with all of this author's books, I have the best book hangover from it. No matter what series she writes, there's always an awesome group of people who have a common connection that isn't just about solving the murder mystery. Sometimes they all have secrets or issues like needing to lose weight. The series people really care about one another and are truly friends or in Ella Mae's case, the ladies in this series are her mom, aunts and best friend/like-a-second-mom/protector, so they're her family. I think her protector who practically raised her from a baby, Reba, is my favorite character of all in this series. She's just like the real life Reba in her speech/actions, and I can picture the real life one playing this feisty but loving woman.

Ella was finally coming into her powers and able to more fully understand the world she was a part of, but some things like a nasty high school nemesis named Loralyn never changed. Or her handsome crush named Hugh. I loved that Ella finally was able to get a best friend her own age. It had to be hard to be different from some of the town and only have family to talk with or gripe about magical things.

After reading the first two books, I know I'm going to need to read the fourth one again when I get to it. The only reason I'd read it out of order was for a book club, but now I understand some of the stuff going on in it a little better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peach Pies and Alibis.

May 6, 2017 – Shelved