Ashley P's Reviews > Paradise Girl

Paradise Girl by Phill  Featherstone

bookshelves: horror-and-suspense, may, netgalley-and-r4r, dystopia-fantasy-and-sci-fi

** spoiler alert ** Received a free copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review

This book gave me chills. I was so tense reading it the entire time, and in one go, that my shoulders hurt by the time that I was done. I was that tense.

Kerryl is stuck in a truly horrific situation, with no parallel in any book that I've recently read, or can recall though I do suffer from some memory issues. (No. Seriously) She is a character who is filled with hope, and it was heartbreaking to see that hope start to shift to despair and pain shift into delusion.

The loss of her mother nagged at me, but when her grandparents passed, trying to keep her safe I found myself fighting back tears.

With the reveal at the end of the novel I felt nothing but anger, that someone would use humans for experimentation and in such a cruel way, driving Kerryl to insanity versus trying to find a cure. Perhaps it upset me so much because it felt realistic.

Either way this was a thriller that kept me guessing on what was going to happen next. And you know the writing is masterful when even the times someone is completely alone talking about chores can still manage to capture your attention.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paradise Girl.

May 5, 2017 – Started Reading