Cheryl (I Heart Fictional People)'s Reviews > The Fifty-Two Week Chronicles

The Fifty-Two Week Chronicles by Joslyn Westbrook

May 16, 2017

bookshelves: chick-lit

The Fifty-Two Week Chronicles, the first in the Delectables in the City series, by Joslyn Westbrook is a pleasant mix of food and love. Penelope Monroe is doing what she loves: being a renowned food critic. That is until she loses her boyfriend and her job in the same day. But it’s not the end of the world. She begins a new food blog where she plans to continue writing her restaurant reviews, and she starts working as a restaurant consultant. However, finding out that her client is the owner of the restaurant she gave a negative review about is a bit of a shocker. How is she supposed to help Jonathan Knight when she is the one who destroyed the reputation of his 5-star restaurant? And will they both be able to ignore their obvious attraction to each other?

I love me some chick lit! And this one did not disappoint. It had me literally laughing out loud on some parts, and other parts were just oh-so-swoonworthy. That is exactly what chick lit/romantic comedy should do, so I was definitely satisfied. The only complaint I have is that it was on the short side. That being said, I really liked the story. I was hooked from the beginning. It reeled me in and didn’t let go until the very end. Speaking of the end, it was so unique. I won’t give anything away, but the way it was written was unpredictable, which was refreshing and unlike other books I have read in this genre. So, Joslyn Westbrook, I am a new fan, and I hope to read more from you. Kudos to a job well done!

Reviewed for Readers' Favorite
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fifty-Two Week Chronicles.

May 5, 2017 – Started Reading