Naughty Mom Story Time's Reviews > Trust

Trust by Kylie Scott

bookshelves: arcs-reviewed

This was such a beautiful story. It's been so long since I've delved into the world of YA romance, and Trust brought me back to all the teenage angst, insecurity, awkwardness and emotional turmoil that is necessary for a YA story line.

What Kylie Scott brought to life with this story and with it's characters was the perfect blend for a great book. Edie and John were amazing characters, so different yet shared a commonality that no one would have considered. Each had to deal with their own versions of stereotypes, bullying, preconceived notions and the standard angst that plagues so many young adults these days. Even with their similaries, they were so different but were brought together by circumstance that bonded them in a way not many understood.

The strength of the characters and their ability to bounce back from such a horrible experience was admirable. Edie's maturity in how she uses this experience to re-evaluate life and her perspective of those around her. She's not the popular girl. She's an average teenager who's lived the typical teen life until she realizes it hasn't really been rosy and is no longer interested in living with blinders on. She gains a sense of bravery that was just inspirational.

This story was beautiful and funny and sweet. Everything was written beautifully and managed to touch on current and important issues that face young adults today while detailing an unlikely friendship and budding love. I absolutely loved it.

FAVORITE QUOTES:
I took a deep breath and blurted, "Don't freak out or anything, but I love you." His chin jerked up, eyes widening.
"You do?"
"Yes. I love you and I'll try harder not to mess up in the future."

I have so many other favorite quotes...but I don't want to give anything away.

Now Available on:
Kindle | Paperback | Audible

Watch the book trailer: https://vimeo.com/222740116

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust.

May 4, 2017 – Shelved