Cherri-Anne's Reviews > Alpha

Alpha by Kim Faulks

May 04, 2017

Read on April 30, 2017 , read count: 1

I got you, X…you’re safe. 5 GOLD TOMAHAWKS

don’t leave me…not again…never again. He made me feel safe. He made me feel protected. And he made me feel… he was the one worth dying for…he was the one worth fighting for. Dance little wolf…dance. HOLY DANCING WOLVES, ALPHA! WOW! WHOA! WOW!! JUST... WOW! OH FOR FAULKS SAKE! Talk about one helluva force to be reckoned with!! This is one ALPHANTASTIC book!! I need a moment to collect my thoughts.... Okay, it's been an entire 3 days and I STILL can't gather & sort out my thoughts & feelings about Alpha & X's story, to articulate it all out, because it honestly has made that much of an impact on me! There is so much I want to say, need to say, but I don't want to say too much & spoil it for you! Let me start with X marks the spot!! The spot she & Alpha carved into my heart, that is!! This one is a little different from the books before it, but that same intensity, nail-biting, hang-on-to-the-edge-of-your-seat/tablet/book, suck you right in, chew you up, spit you out and leave you on your knees begging for more while profusely thanking Kim for the pleasure of it all! And it IS a pleasure! With her darkly beautiful storytelling the story explodes to life, you become the characters while they become you, drawing you in so deep you have no idea where they begin & you end! This truly is one ABSO-FAULKSING-LUTELY captivating, forcefully potent, powerfully emotional story like no other! I said after finishing Aries (book 4) that it was my favorite yet, but Alpha has wormed its way up to sit there beside Aries to share that title of My Favorite Zodiac Dragon Guardians Book! I loved Aries and the way that the strength & the power of love shone throughout, lighting up the dark, and while that power and strength is in this book too, it has to be discovered, uncovered and fought for every. step. of. the. way. I ugly cried - flat-out BAWLED - through a good portion of the last third or so of the book! The power, the beauty of it, the ugliness of it, the emotion.. the LOVE.. it all just poured into me, transformed me, showing me my story through the eyes of others... I mean, the way it all drew me in, sucked me through the Portal, caging me, chaining me to it, not letting go until I BECAME the story, BECAME Alpha, BECAME X and truly lived every. single. breath. with them. FOR THEM. Kim truly is an author who is so phenomenally talented it lights up even the darkest of shadows throughout all of her books! I love, Love, LOVE Kim’s writing style, the way her books are so enriched and with this depth to them that makes them “thinking books” meaning that everything is not explicitly spelled out for you, which draws you in ever deeper, making you feel like you are personally invested in how it all plays out, like you actually have a say in it all! I said that Kim had amped up her game with Aries (book 4) but now after finishing Alpha, I think it’s safe to say that Kim has dug deep and found that extra something-something, making her writing even MORE ALPHA-STRONG and Alpha proves that point in both the characters and OUR blood, sweat and tears!! Okay mostly my tears, but you get the point!! I truly am/am truly, wholly, utterly, COMPLETELY CONSUMED - mind, body, heart, soul and spirit!! You have not broken me…you have not won. I am alive. I am here…and I am coming for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alpha.

05/04 marked as: read