Kris's Reviews > Runaway Rock Star

Runaway Rock Star by C.J. Anthony

bookshelves: 2017, wrrt

I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

I adored this short story! I've never read anything by CJ Anthony before but I'm putting them on my "watch for this author" list.
Lucas Black is the hot pop star of the year. He's coined as the british Justin Beiber and he's on a mega stadium tour stopping in Ohio. Brandon Harris is an administrative assistant at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. It just so happens Lucas Black wants a tour of the hall while on Brandon's shift. Brandon's boss thinks he's the best man for the job being they are around the same age group. Brandon is not sure he's up for the task as he is more of a "classic rock dude" than a pop music fan but, hey, it's part of the job. In walks Black in all his pop star glory with his ray banes and lean body, tight pants, and that chin length hair and Brandon cant help but admire the package. Surprisingly the two hit it off and Brandon realizes there's more to Lucas than the bratty pop star. Lucas is being controlled by his father and manager and record studio and he just wants to let loose a bit. Lucas convinces Brandon to give him the ultimate Ohio tour while running away from the demands of his career & father. I loved the Ohio references throughout the book (i'm from Michigan) and the fun road trip vibe of the story. The two have some definite sparks between them and it all comes to a head after an evening of drinking & jealousy. The pages flew by and the story unfolds in perfect timing. Thoroughly enjoyed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Runaway Rock Star.

Started Reading