Debbie 's Reviews > In Bed with a Highlander

In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks

Aug 16, 2011

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in November, 2011

Hiding away for so many years in an Abbey gave Mairin Stuart had a false sense of security. Hearing the demands of the intruders brought her to full attention. Never wanting the Sisters of the Abbey to be harmed protecting her, she stepped forward and was immediately man handled till the men could verify that she was Mairin Stuart, the heir of ‘Neamn Alainn’. Finding the royal brand, Duncan Cameron’s men “escorted her” to his keep. Along the way a young boy, Crispin McCabe stumbled into the camp and found a champion in Mairin. Escaping the castle, Crispin knew where to go, his father would protect her from all her enemies. Finding his son was all that mattered to Ewan McCabe, discovering what and who his champion really was needed some time. The discovery of her identity, her dowry and her first borns inheritance gave him more hope for the future than he had carried for so many years.

Book 1 ….. Fast paced, not all high intensity but all highly intriguing and attention grabbing. The calm was riddled with humorous moments that head me giggling several times throughout the book. Simply enjoyed all the characteristic traits of Mairin and Ewan’s devotion to his clan and duty. This is really a great book so glad there is another to follow and what a great set up for Alaric. Even though I can guess how the story will progress, I can’t wait to read it.
I was lucky enough to receive this as an early reviewers copy, it took quite a while to get it (it was already available to the public for a month before I received mine) but I am so glad it finally arrived.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Bed with a Highlander.

04/07/2016 marked as: read