Wulfwyn 's Reviews > The Long Road Home

The Long Road Home by Carolyn M. Bowen

bookshelves: booktasters

I liked the story. It held my interest even though I had a couple of problems with it. I liked a lot of the characters. The ones I didn't I wasn't suppose to. The story moved along at a fast pace and was filled with intrigue. Which brings me to my problems with it. Point of view changed a few times during the story. I can handle that when the author keeps me in the know. With this story, they changed with no real warning or break. Several times I was jarred out of the story by the abrupt change in POV. In all honesty, when I find this in a book the storyline has to have gotten my attention. It is one of the things can can cause me to shelf a book as, "did not finish". The other problem I had was with the character Ken. I felt that there really wasn't any closure with him and I was left hanging. I don't want to go totally into who and why because it would be a spoiler. I would rather you read the book and judge yourself. I mention for the authors benefit. Despite those issues that I had with it, I really enjoyed the book. I kept turning pages to see how things would turn out.
Thank you to BookTasters and the author for bring the book to my attention for review consideration.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Long Road Home.

May 3, 2017 – Started Reading