Angie's Reviews > On His Watch

On His Watch by Katie Ruggle

Jun 01, 2017

bookshelves: contemporary, romance

Synopsis: "In the remote Rocky Mountains, lives depend on the Search & Rescue brotherhood. But in a place this far off the map, trust is hard to come by and secrets can be murder...

Ice rescue diver Derek Warner never meant to be a hero. But when two little girls go missing, he's the first in line to bring them home-even if that means scouring the wilderness with the woman he once loved and lost, Artemis Rey.

Artemis has never stopped wanting Derek. Now, racing to find the girls before it's too late, minutes turn to hours. Night falls. Old flames rekindle. And a danger grows in the darkest wilderness that may be more than even the Search and Rescue brotherhood can hope to face..."

My Review: I unfortunately didn't notice this book until I had read pretty much the rest of the series. It is still a great read to pick up at any point in the series but it would have been best to read before the first book as it introduces us to the main characters of that first book. With that said, I really liked Derek, Artemis was good too but her name just didn't work for me and it kept throwing me off. This book also makes the series name a little more clear as a search and rescue mission is what starts it all. I love the hints and foreshadowing of the series long mystery in this one too. All wrapped up with a good dose of romance and steam to melt that rocky mountain snow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On His Watch.

May 2, 2017 – Shelved