Isabella ~Mikku-chan~'s Reviews > Urgent Care

Urgent Care by D.J. Jamison

bookshelves: 5-stars-favourites, favorites, arc-advanced-reader-copy

The third book in the Hearts & Health series by D.J. Jamison, a spin-off to the Ashe Sentinel series, was a great read.

I really liked Xavier, a mixed racial male nurse student who is meeting his ex-boyfriend after 12 years apart. The relationship is keep on going hot and cold, both guys suffer from the break-up and the feelings are still there.

D.J. Jamison did a great job in creating interesting character who aren't what you maybe expect. Especially Xavier is a character who has a lot of sides and secrets he is hiding but which is sexy as hell.

Trent, his ex-boyfriend seems like a douchebag before, leaving or in better terms breaking up with Xavier because of an imature anger, although Xavier had good reason to refuse Trent.

I could more sympathize with Xavier than with Trent first but have to say that the guy's earnest tryings did a great job in letting me him forgive.

As I said the relationship is kinda hot and cold, the feelings are there and the both guys try to set up and make it right.

It is sweet and a bit heart-clenching to see which obstacles they have to overcome though those are mostly not external but more the internal fears of them both.

The character development is therefore very well done and you got an insight of both guys equally, Xavier and Trents and could understand at the end both parts.

The end is of course totally sweet and romantic, you can be sure you get a HEA. And I can also say, the erotic scenes are hot as hell. But you have to love lace and a bit kinky behaviour. But, if you are a hooker of it, you will love this.

For this I give 5 out of 5 stars.

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Urgent Care.

May 1, 2017 – Shelved