Tabi Slick's Reviews > Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life

Designing Your Life by Bill Burnett

Recommended to Tabi by: Jes

What does it mean to live like a designer? Designing Your Life by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans will answer this and many other questions that will help direct your focus and developing a well designed way of living as well as a healthier state of mind.

The Review:

This book wasn’t on my to-be-read list, but boy am I glad a friend of mine invited me to read it with her group. I needed this book more than I thought. There are many unhealthy views that we’ve told ourselves, like “I must work in the exact field that I got my degree in” when we really aren’t passionate about that degree, or that “What I’ve been doing for the last 10 years is what I should be doing for the next 10”. These are not only false, but they hurt our chances of finding that one job that will bring meaning back into our days.

I can’t recommend this book enough. The only thing I would advise is to not listen to the audio book while you’re working out if you want to do the exercises at the end of each chapter. I waited until after I had finished the book to do the exercises because I listened to the audio book while road my bike or ran. It is a good motivator though so feel free to use this as your exercise buddy!

If you’ve ever found yourself asking the questions “What am I doing?” or “How did I get here?” then I would definitely suggest taking a look at Designing Your Life: How to Think Like a Designer and Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life by William Burnett. Preferably the audio book.

Nonfiction Star Rating Report Card:

5 Stars out of 5
1) How would you rate the writing?
★★★★★ - 5 stars
2) Does the intro grab your attention?
★★★★★ - 5 stars
3) Does the book move at a good pace?
★★★★ - 5 stars
4) Did you enjoy the story overall?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Designing Your Life.

May 1, 2017 – Shelved