Kristi Metcalf's Reviews > Numb

Numb by J.M. Walker

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader’s Copy of this book

For those of you that don’t know Max, short for Maxine, and Dale let me fill you in so you are ready for Numb.
Max is the Vice-President of the Kings Harlots. She’s and Jay have been BFF’s since they were kids. She’s a artist and she’s the good one of the club.
Dale is a member of Vice-One. He’s also a man whore. When they first met, they were totally hot for each other. That is until Max told Dale she loved him and she was preggers. Dale being the coward and man whore that he is kicked her to the curb and proceeded to fill his bed with other women trying to replace her, but there is no one like Max.
When we last left the two of them Max had given birth to a still born baby girl and Dale was in a coma.
Ok, the happy part first. Yay, to our resident sadist doctor being in this book, he always makes me happy.
Now the rest, LOL.
I have to say WOW because Walker does a great job of pulling the feels out of ya. I cried, wanted to smack both Dale and Max, and finally smiled.
These two are the definition of a toxic couple. Max hates Dale for they way her treated her when she told him how she felt, that she was pregnant, that he woke from the coma not remembering how he treated her, that she lost her baby girl, and yet she still loves him. Being with him, even if they don’t talk, is the only that makes her sane.
Dale knows he loves Max, knows he did some really screwed up shit to her, even if he can’t remember what. He just wants her back, wants her to forgive and trust him.
These two push and pull each other like a rag doll. When they're together they heat up the room, but they just cant seem to get their s**t in order. The will they or wont they drives me to drink!!! Lol!!!
Oh, oh, oh, and we now know who is the head of the human trafficking group, in the middle of this too.
Walker girl you drain me, but I can’t want for the next book ill make sure to stock up on tissues and wine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Numb.

Finished Reading