Meaghan R. (YA-aholic)'s Reviews > Spellbound

Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz

5193671
Aug 15, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-reading-challenge
Recommended for: everyone looking for a good romance with a dash of suspense.
Read from August 15 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy

i would recommend this book to:
everyone looking for a good romance with a dash of suspense.

i just purchased this book about a month ago, and it's been patiently waiting to be read. i picked it up this morning, opened it, began reading, and ALL the pages are either loose, or falling out!!!!! (in groups of 32...how they were bound) i don't know id it was shoddy binding, or i just have a fluke copy, but i don't have my receipt anymore to exchange it for another one. it's a little bit of a bummer, but i'll just re-glue them myself with rubber cement.

so, despite the fact that 2-4 pages fell/ripped out every 32 pages, (the exact middle of each bound section) it was a great book. there were a few repetitive phrases in certain chapters, but nothing bothersome.

it was a book i just simply couldn't put down, at all....i was even 90 minutes late to work today, because i JUST HAD to finish the book. It was quite fast paced, even though the events took place over a 3 month period.

Everything seemed to be wrapping up quite nicely, and i thought to myself: this seems like the end of the book, but there's at least 50 pages left...it wasn't making sense to me...i flipped to the back to see how many pages were left, and noticed that about 20 were an excerpt from another book....

it was quite action packed and intense at times, and full of romance pretty much all the time.

i loved the inner monologue the main character had with herself...

overall, a great book with a pretty perfect ending. everything just wrapped up so nicely.

unlike other stand-alone novels that leave a few things to be desired or addressed at the end, this one had all of it's issues resolved by the last page.

thoroughly enjoyed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spellbound.