Andrea Ferrer's Reviews > The Fact of a Body: A Murder and a Memoir

The Fact of a Body by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich

60207931
Jun 07, 2017

Things break us, but they make us too.

The Fact of a Body had me completely undone. I related to this book more than I'll ever dare admit. It is just so beautiful that you can feel the flurry of emotions just enveloping you wherever you are, whether you've gone through such a horrible thing or not. I think this book is for everyone. It gives light to what happened, what happens, and what keeps on happening.

Children are so precious and still so fragile. They're still freely sculpted by their environment. This book talks about cause and effect. Will a child molested become a pedophile and do the exact same thing? Is it all a process that keeps repeating itself? I believe that everyone has a capability to break out of their molds and eventually children grow up and do exactly that. The process isn't easy, but it does come naturally.

The past greatly affects us in every way. Be it our actions, our words; whoever we become is all because of what happened. Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich is the epitome of strength, bravery and love. The levels of empathy people can be capable of is simply amazing. The final chapters was simply beautiful. Love wins after all, it's why it hurts.

I'll admit I was more interested in the memoir part than the murder case, although you just feel how it's related. I honestly did not expect the flood of emotions. I went into this blind. I didn't read the synopsis or any other reviews. Something just called to me when I saw this book. The voice was so loud, it resonated in every word and filled me completely. I had to stop every now and then to catch my breath. I'm at awe at how Alexandria made something so repulsive and horrible into something so beautiful.

The Fact of a Body perfectly depicts the beauty of our flaws. Five stars, and that's not me being biased. I have never been held by someone's words so much that I won't ever get out of it. Alexandria's words will stay and linger. If she can confront her demons head on, so can we all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fact of a Body.

April 30, 2017 – Shelved
April 30, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
June 4, 2017 – Started Reading
June 4, 2017 –
63.0% "I have never read a book that has affected me so much that I hesitate to keep reading. However, I must. I will. Because this book might hold the answers to the questions I've always had and have always been afraid to ask."
June 7, 2017 – Finished Reading