Mollien Fote Osterman's Reviews > Runaway Rock Star

Page Count: 98 pages
Heat Level: 2 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Just hours before Brandon Harris is supposed to head home to Cincinnati for a Labor Day family picnic, his boss at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame forces him into giving a private tour to bratty British pop-rock star Lucas Black. Before he knows it, he finds himself swept up in a whirlwind road trip through Ohio with Lucas riding shotgun.

Lucas grabs hold of this wild opportunity to run away—even for a few precious days—from the gilded cage that is his carefully managed life. He's just looking for a little fun and freedom as a normal person. From roller coasters to a college football game, Brandon begins to see the real Lucas Black buried under the famous persona. But by the time he and Lucas discover their mutual attraction, they only have one night left before both of them have to go back to their real lives. The fun is over...unless Lucas can run away for real this time and keep their adventure going.

States of Love: Stories of romance that span every corner of the United States.

Review:
This is the third book in the States of Love series that I have read. It looks like each book is written by a different author and the setting is almost as important as the main characters. I am beginning to really like this series. The featured state is Ohio and after reading this book, I think I want to make a trip and follow the road trip taken by Brandon and Lucas. Brandon Harris loves music. Unable to carry a tune or play an instrument. Brandon has followed his dream of working in the music industry by working in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Lucas has been a rock star since his father started posting videos of him alla Justin Bieber. When Lucas shows up at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for a private tour, Brandon much to his dismay is asked to give the tour. As much as Brandon loves music, he doesn’t love the music that Lucas has made famous. He also has no love for the bratty musician either. As the tour progresses, Brandon starts to see something in Lucas that he didn’t expect. Hoping to get on the road as soon as the tour is over. Brandon is talked into attending Lucas’s concert and then into a road trip that takes a roundabout trek from Cleveland to Cincinnati. The heat of this story takes place at the near end of the story, but it is so fitting. I loved the pacing of this laugh out loud story. The banter between Lucas and Brandon is hilarious. The ending was really good, but I wish that the book had continued just a little more. As the story progresses we learn about the characters from not only what is said, but the is left unsaid. I really enjoyed this story and I look forward to reading more from this series.

PLOT: 4 Stars
CHEMISTRY: 3 Stars
PACING: 5 Stars
ENDING: 4 Stars
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: 5 Stars

Review Copy of Runaway Rock Star provided by the Dreamspinner Press I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. Reviewed by Mollien from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Runaway Rock Star.

April 27, 2017 – Started Reading