TL 's Reviews > Behind the Mask: A Superhero Anthology

Behind the Mask by Tricia Reeks

Edited for mini review:)

*Spread this out a bit by reading a story or two/three each day but not feeling good skewed that a bit haha*
---
Overall, a well done collection with some stories I think would have been/would be great as full length novels or series :). Loved catching the hints and nods to SuperHeroes we all know and love as well.

I hadn't heard of the majority of these authors but I enjoyed getting to know them, so to speak, for the first time in these stories and wouldn't mind reading more of them one day (famous phrase for bookworms hehe).

A couple felt like drafts to me rather than stories but they were still enjoyable.
Would recommend, I had lots of fun :)

Ratings for each:

Writing is good but mostly fell flat for me.Ending felt abrupt too."

Fool by Keith Frady 3.5 stars... pretty good, would have liked more

Personally, I do believe celebs are entitled to their privacy and to spend time without cameras following their every move *shrugs* imho"

Meeting Someone in the 22nd Century or Until the Gears Quit Turning by Jennifer Pullen 3 stars, weird but cool..dragged in a couple places

"Inheritance by Michael Milne 3.5 stars

Heroes by Lavie Tidhar 3.5 stars

Madjack by Nathan Crowder 4 stars
This was fun, in a way... few things reminded me of certain Marvel characters:)"

Quintessential Justice by Patrick Flanagan 3 stars

Torch Songs by Keith Rosson 4 stars

The Beard of Truth by Matt Mikalatos 3 stars

Over an Embattled City by Adam R. Shannon 3.5 stars

Origin Story by Kelly Link 2.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind the Mask.

April 30, 2017 – Shelved
May 4, 2017 –
page 0
0.0% "Kind of appropriate with me seeing Guardians of the Galaxy right now:-D"
May 5, 2017 – Started Reading
May 5, 2017 –
page 17
5.86% "Ms. Liberty Gets a Haircut by Cat Rambo : 2.5 stars.. loved the idea but not-so-great execution.

Writing is good but mostly fell flat for me.Ending felt abrupt too."
May 5, 2017 –
page 38
13.1% "Destroy the City with Me Tonight by Kate Marshall 3.5 stars... bit vague in places but very good overall, love her take on it.. wish it had been longer:)

Fool by Keith Frady 3.5 stars... pretty good, would have liked more background info but still enjoyed the story."
May 6, 2017 –
page 52
17.93% "Pedestal by Seanan McGuire 5 stars... I loved how she explored the downside of superhero popularity in here and how some people take it too far sometimes (certain person in here was an idiot in the extreme.. almost sad I don't get to see him get taken down a few pegs).

May 6, 2017 –
page 73
25.17% "As I Fall Asleep by Aimee Ogden Four stars, sad in parts :( Would have loved to see more of what happened to Lian afterward

Taking break for now... migraine kicking my butt again"
May 6, 2017 – 0.0% "Inheritance by Michael Milne 3.5 stars

Heroes by Lavie Tidhar 3.5 stars"
May 7, 2017 –
page 109
37.59% "Madjack by Nathan Crowder 4 stars
May 8, 2017 –
page 136
46.9% "Quintessential Justice by Patrick Flanagan 3 stars

The Fall of the Jade Sword by Stephanie Lai 3.5 stars"
May 10, 2017 –
page 146
50.34% "Origin Story by Carrie Vaughn 4 stars"
May 11, 2017 –
page 188
64.83% "Eggshells by Ziggy Schutz 4 stars

Salt City Blue by Chris Large 4 stars.. echoes of Superman, to me anyways

Birthright by Stuart Suffel 3.5 stars"
May 11, 2017 –
page 199
68.62% "The Smoke Means It's working by Sarah Pinkser 4 stars"
May 12, 2017 –
page 265
91.38% "Torch Songs by Keith Rosson 4 stars

The Beard of Truth by Matt Mikalatos 3 stars

Over an Embattled City by Adam R. Shannon 3.5 stars

Origin Story by Kelly Link 2.5 stars"
May 12, 2017 – Finished Reading