Maria Schneider's Reviews > Hollowland

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking

Aug 15, 2011

Read from November 05 to 07, 2011

My review and a link to book two is now up at my blog: www.bearmountainbooks.com

I'll add the review here in a few days.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollowland.

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) i picke dthis one up too, I think (it was a freebie for awhile, right?) Whatcha think?

Maria Schneider It's *quite* good. The writing and plot remind me of Scott Westerfeld. Zombies totally aren't my thing, but it's very fast-paced and the story is quite strong. I'm impressed (I guess I didn't expect it to be good for some reason.)

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) Cool - I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Maria Schneider I think you'll like it. And for free? Are you kidding me? Even if you hated it, at that price, you'd probably get over it pretty fast!

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) True, but if I hate it, then finishing is an impossibility. I don't get angry over books I dislike, though. Ambivalent is probably a better word than hate - cause if it really stokes my emotions, then the author was doing something right.

Maria Schneider Kindle-aholic wrote: "True, but if I hate it, then finishing is an impossibility. I don't get angry over books I dislike, though. Ambivalent is probably a better word than hate - cause if it really stokes my emotions, t..."
I don't finish books I don't like either. I have too many waiting to be read. Way too many...not as many as you do, but a lot!

Katie Glad you like it! I really enjoyed this one. It's one of the best zombie books I've read.

Maria Schneider I did like it! I haven't read a lot of zombie books and am quite skeptical of them in general, but this was a good book. I think dailycheapreads.com is going to carry the review, so I'll wait until after it runs there to post it here!

NList I think this book is one I have put off in my Kindle queue. I didn't like her first book in "My Blood Approves" series...but I have seen a lot of great reviews for this book. I haven't read a lot of books about Zombies...but I love the Walking Dead tv series.

Maria Schneider NList wrote: "I think this book is one I have put off in my Kindle queue. I didn't like her first book in "My Blood Approves" series...but I have seen a lot of great reviews for this book. I haven't read a lot o..." I haven't read her other books, so I don't know if they are similar. It's not a perfect book, but it was very fast-paced and the plot was quite good. There were definitely some things I didn't like, but overall, I can't complain.

Katie I really liked it and I honestly think you would too. It is somewhat similar to The Walking Dead... And I found it less difficult to imagine than other zombie books I've read. Try it! :)