Haleema's Reviews > Small Town Sinners

Small Town Sinners by Melissa C. Walker

Aug 15, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: stupid, hate, just-begging-for-snark, not-again
Recommended for: Not even the trolls
Read from August 15 to 16, 2011

Okay.

Why I didn't read past chapter seven:

- Main character is a Mary Sue.
- Main character's boyfriend is also a Mary Sue. Gary.. Stu?
- They can't stop thinking about each other right after they've exchanged words for the first time... Romantic, right? No!
- He stalks her.
- She creeps up on him.
- They go out the second day they meet each other.
- This is just plain stupid.
- I hate my life.
- I hate my life even more after this.
- I want chocolate.

Gosh, I am so sick and tired of the main characters meeting each other, and just rapidly falling in love. It's so damn stupid. In what way is that romantic? It's like R&J all over again. And I'm sick of the female protagonists having no sense of intelligence what.so.ever. It's not hard to have a brain. Apparently it is!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Small Town Sinners.

08/16/2011 page 20
08/16/2011 page 20
8.0% "Wow. The boy is already stalking the girl. Wonderful. Marvelous."
08/16/2011 page 35
14.0% "I'm done with this crap. Kill me."
12/14/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by H (new)

H By the way, I just love your shelves. That's the spirit.

Haleema Why, thank you!

Haleema I like your profile picture and your About Me section. =)

message 4: by H (new)

H :D Thanks!

Stephanie Just got to chapter 8 - I'll give any book 50 pages - and starting to feel the same way. I had such high expecations for this book! May still give it a chance, but I def get what you're saying.

Haleema It was just so ridiculous how he starts to follow her around every where after just a first meeting. I can't even remember their names. Gah, whatever.

message 8: by Tori (new)

Tori Macallister It's too bad you didn't stick around for more of the book - it turns out that he's actually a boy she knew back in kindergarten who has moved back to town, so they do know each other and feel an affinity. But, life's too short to read a book that's not grabbing you. Move on to something else!

Cassi aka Snow White Haggard This sounds like a few books I've seen before. Great review, pass the chocolate!

Haleema Unfortunately, Cassi, there are too many books like these.

Will do! *passes chocolate box to you*

message 11: by Sholape (new)

Sholape C. T. If you don't mind angst - I would recommend Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. (the sequel is great too!) And for something sweet - Teen Idol by Meg Cabot( the title doesn't actually relate to the storyline) And for some mystical stuff - Jinx by Meg Cabot. Feel better. I HATE reading awful books.

Megan (LittleLitGirl) While I agree that falling in love immediately is annoying I also remember from my teen years acting just that way. I met my first serious high school boyfriend on a Friday and by Monday we were boyfriend/girlfriend. If Facebook had existed it would have been Facebook official.

message 13: by Christina (new)

Christina Nagley If you want a really good book read want to go private?