Misty's Reviews > The Executioner

The Executioner by Shauna Allen

11904222

Holy wow! What an introduction to a series!!!! I cannot wait to see where Shauna takes us on this journey. The Executioner was executed perfectly to set up what is bound to be an emotional roller coaster of every emotion a book series can bring out in a person. At first when I finished this book I wasn't sure how I felt about it. But days later as I sit here still thinking about it I realize what an amazing job the author did of hooking me in wanting more. Needing more really.

The Executioner introduces us to the Creed family and focuses on Asher, one of the brothers rocked by their sister's disappearance 10 years ago. No leads. No suspects. Nothing. It's like she disappeared from thin air and the family has been left yearning for closure. Along with this devastating event, Asher has his own demons he's been fighting after taking a bullet to his leg ending his military career. He is now following in his father's footsteps working in the prison system and being part of the exclusive execution team putting people to death for their crimes. With everything that has happened he has never let him feel anything good for anyone aside from the love he has for his family. Then one fateful night he meets his match.

Genevieve Stone was just after a story after being in the room when one of Texas' most notorious men was put to death. What she didn't expect? Asher Creed and his brooding charm. The Creed family asking for her help in remembering Claire and maybe shining new light on her cold case a decade later. But one story is all it took for new leads to come in. And who knew one story might bring her the one thing she never thought she wanted? Love.

The Executioner alone is an emotional tale of loss, devastation and a family fighting the undercurrent of grief of losing their sunshine in Claire. The emotions roll of the pages from the very beginning. You can feel the love the Creed's have for one another but their grief is palpable until the very end. I cannot wait to see how this story unfolds. I just need to make sure I'm buckled in. And that I have lots of tissues because I know without any doubt, this one is going to hurt.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Executioner.

April 30, 2017 – Started Reading