Lexy's Reviews > Choker

5198609
Aug 15, 2011

bookshelves: favorites

4.5/5

Wow. This book blew my mind. At first this book seems very realistic and then it starts to get a little darker and then cute and then the ending just punches you in the gut. Recently I've been in this mood where I don't want to read at all, but with this book I couldn't put it down! Not only is the plot simple and easy to follow, it's very fast and it doesn't have those scenes that shouldn't be there.

The characters were pretty good. I liked Cara, but at the same time there were little things that bothered me about her. I guess I thought she was easily pushed around by Zoe and usually did whatever Zoe wanted. I liked Zoe but was a little uncomfortable reading about her at the same time. (You'll know what I mean when you read it, hopefully.)

This book wasn't what I was expecting. I read all these reviews that were talking about how creepy this book was and yeah, I can understand how some parts were and disturbing, but I never got goosebumps or anything. I mostly felt a little uncomfortable reading scenes with Zoe, but I loved it. I think this book has more unsettling scenes than scary ones.

I'm the type of reader who will try and predict as many outcomes as possible to a book, so I kind of guessed what would happen and while what I predicted was similar, I didn't even guess what actually happened. If you're like me with all my predicting, you may think it's a little predictable ( I said "predict" way too much...). But if you're a reader who is just along for the ride I think this book will blow your head off.

Overall I enjoyed this book so much! It had it's unsettling parts, some good characters, thrilling scenes, and a little romance (not as much as you think). If you are looking for a romance book, this is probably not it. There are cute scenes, but in no way does the romance overpower the story.

Another thing I absolutley loved about this book was the title. I love how it goes along with the story so perfectly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Choker.

August 15, 2011 – Started Reading