Katy's Reviews > The Cursed Man

The Cursed Man by Keith Rommel

Aug 15, 2011

bookshelves: buy-me
Recommended for: fans of horror and psychological suspense

Please note: I read and reviewed this book in September 2011. I am updating this to add a disclosure and update the format.

Disclosure: I received an advanced reading copy of this book in .pdf format from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

My Synopsis: Alister Kunkle is a cursed man – everyone he has contact with dies mysteriously. It all started with the deaths of first his grandmother and then his parents and he sought out death to worship it and make sure he would not die as well. Unfortunately, death is jealous and will not allow him contact with anyone else. He has himself committed to an institution and refuses all contact with people in order to avoid any more deaths. Then Dr. Anna Lee comes to see him – and survives. What does it all mean?

My Thoughts: This was a seriously twisted and creepy story – and I loved it! The flow of the story between past and present maintains the narrative and keeps us learning along with Dr. Lee about Alister and his life. The writing is well-done and the characters are very nicely written. I was really impressed with the story and read it straight through as quickly as I could; just kept turning pages. Another perfect story for the Halloween season – highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cursed Man.

August 15, 2011 – Shelved
September 29, 2011 – Started Reading
September 29, 2011 –
September 29, 2011 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Ibitz I'm in the mood for creepy!!

Katy Dale wrote: "I'm in the mood for creepy!!"

Check out Camilla by T J Element - it's short but SUPER creepy!! I think it's free (or just 99 cents) on Smashwords.

message 3: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Ibitz Coolness!
Thanks for the tip.

Katy Dale wrote: "Coolness!
Thanks for the tip."

I just finished one today - another super creepy one - Thin Line Between. It's the first book in the series; the most recent (2nd) is Shaman's Blood, which I plan to read this coming weekend.

message 5: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Ibitz Yeah, I saw your review of Thin Line and added to my TBR. I love the tips from reviews! sa-weet!

Katy Dale wrote: "Yeah, I saw your review of Thin Line and added to my TBR. I love the tips from reviews! sa-weet!"

Be sure to get Shaman's Blood, too - you'll want to read the continuing adventures of Margaret and Alice!

message 7: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Ibitz Okely dokely!

Katy I just wrote a long post recommending Matt Richtel's "Devil's Plaything," then noticed you've already marked it as to-read. d'OH! LOL It's another creepy 'un!

message 9: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Ibitz Haven't gotten to any of those creepy ones yet, but am a'working through my pile.

message 10: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy Dale wrote: "Haven't gotten to any of those creepy ones yet, but am a'working through my pile."

but but but ... it's almost Halloween - you need to read some creepy stuff!! :-)

message 11: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Ibitz I know! I just finished a book last night...I promise to pick a creepy one next!