Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Witch Cake Murders

Witch Cake Murders by Zoe Arden

Witch Cake Murders is the first book in the Sweetland Witch series by Zoe Arden. It's a cute, fun, and magical mystery.

Oh my what a prologue… It’s impactful for the reader and characters setting the stage.

Ava doesn’t know about her heritage until two zany people arrive in her life, claiming to be her aunts and wanting to take her home to Heavenly Haven.

At first it’s fun being part owner of a magical bakery and learning about her magical nature, but soon the fun is over when people start dyeing and all eyes turn to Ava. I enjoyed the characters, the adventure and the mystery. I didn’t have any clue as to who the killer was until it’s revealed. I also liked learning about Ava’s heritage.

The secondary characters are quirky and interesting. I liked meeting them. I can’t wait to see more of Heavenly Haven and it's mysterious and humorous witches and humans who live on this beautiful little island together.

Witch Cake Murders is a fast-paced read, with many chuckles, and no clear clue as to who the killer is. It's a good start to the Sweetland Witch series and I can’t wait to read on.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witch Cake Murders.

April 29, 2017 – Shelved
July 5, 2018 – Finished Reading
July 22, 2018 – Shelved as: 4-stars
July 22, 2018 – Shelved as: fav-magic-books
July 22, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Awesome review angela!!💖😉

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Awesome review angela!!💖😉"

Thank you!