Rebecca's Reviews > The Final Empire

The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

Aug 14, 2011

Wow. Why don't I read more high fantasy? I loved this book. I love the premise. The twists and the surprises were brilliant. I'm dying to read the second. Vin and Elend were my favorites, but every single character was beautifully drawn and humanized. Each had flaws and weaknesses, but these only made them better and more powerful as characters. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great fantasy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Final Empire.

Quotes Rebecca Liked

Brandon Sanderson
“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I'm quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.”
Brandon Sanderson, The Final Empire

Brandon Sanderson
“Belief isn't simply a thing for fair times and bright days...What is belief - what is faith - if you don't continue in it after failure?...Anyone can believe in someone, or something that always succeeds...But failure...ah, now, that is hard to believe in, certainly and truly. Difficult enough to have value. Sometimes we just have to wait long enough...then we find out why exactly it was that we kept believing...There's always another secret.”
Brandon Sanderson, The Final Empire