Ari 's Reviews > My Best Friend's Ex

My Best Friend's Ex by Meghan Quinn

Jun 01, 2017

“She doesn’t need to protect her heart from me. She holds mine in her hands, and I’ll never take it back.”

When I first saw the title for Meghan Quinn’s newest release, I was a little on the fence about actually picking it because I’m not a big fan of the “dating my best friend’s ex” trope. It’s honestly just a personal preference because the one’s I’ve read in the past have been over the top and I just couldn’t deal with it. But it’s Meghan Quinn so I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and hoped she wouldn’t let me down.

After being evicted from her apartment, Emma Marks is forced to find a new home immediately. When she runs into an old childhood friend and tells him about her troubles, he offers her a place to stay. With no other options in sight, she takes Tucker Jameson up on his offer. But the last thing Emma expected was to start falling for her old childhood friend because he’s more than just a friend: he’s her best friend’s ex.

I had so many hesitations when it came to this book, but a blogger friend of mine informed me that this was Tucker Jameson’s book and all those hesitations flew out the window. We first met Tucker in Co-Wrecker and after all the losses he had to deal with in that book, I was excited to see him get his happily-ever-after. To be honest, I was not a big fan of Tucker in Co-Wrecker, but after hearing his side of the story, I totally understand why he acted out in the way that he did. He was in mourning so I can’t really fault him for some of the things he did. I also loved that the dramatics were not overkill and that Sadie and Tucker finally got some closure and resolved their issues. Also, the secondary characters are my faves, even Logan who was annoying at first but the guy totally had me fooled into thinking he was an ass but he’s not.

I freakin’ love Emma and Tucker. I enjoyed seeing Emma come out of her shell and be carefree. She is usually the “mom” among the group, so she’s always taking care of everyone else and making sure they’re okay before she let’s herself enjoy anything. I loved this side of Emma and how unfiltered she could be at times. And then there’s Tucker. TUCKER.FUCKING.JAMESON. Be still my heart! Tucker is so sweet, I wasn’t expecting that. I love how affectionate he was with Emma and the angst had me dying. I KEPT SCREAMING JUST KISS ALREADY! I’m so happy I gave this book a chance and I can’t wait for Racer’s book. I know Meghan is just gonna have me swooning after I get to know more about him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Best Friend's Ex.

April 28, 2017 – Shelved
April 28, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
June 1, 2017 – Started Reading
June 1, 2017 –
0.0% "TUCKER IS HERE! 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽"
25.0% "Oooo drama 👀👀🍿🍿"
50.0% "LAAWWWWDDDD 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥"
June 1, 2017 –
75.0% "F I N A L L Y 🔥🔥🔥🔥"
June 1, 2017 – Finished Reading