Chaitra's Reviews > Of Books and Bagpipes

Of Books and Bagpipes by Paige Shelton

I just read the first book of this series, and I didn't like it as much as I had hoped to. That continues with this mystery. My main issue with The Cracked Spine was about Delaney and how inappropriate she could be at certain times. It's still there. She's still very entitled and needy. It's probably understandable given how needlessly secretive her boss is, and how much he lies, for whatever reason. This entire book is just Edwin being secretive and Delaney brazenly poking her nose in business that doesn't actually concern her. At one point, she puts someone in the hospital because she has no tact. She's sorry about it, but honestly. This bothers me. I'm really not sure I'll be reading any more of this series.

(The mystery is okay, even though the murderer is obvious. But there's too much fakery around it. Even at the end, I had trouble figuring out which version of the story was true, given how many different stories Edwin spins about it. Some plot points are introduced but they don't go anywhere. Overall, not a book I liked).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Books and Bagpipes.

April 28, 2017 – Started Reading