Shelly Crane's Reviews > Accordance

Accordance by Shelly Crane

(Review from the author)

I am soooo excited about this book! The things I have planned for this series are making me anxious. *insert girly giggle* The first book was all about Caleb and Maggie's relationship and coming into their love and book two will not be lacking in that but, it will also be about Maggie coming into her own as an Ace. She is more important that anyone ever imagined and the people they meet, the situations they get into, the decisions that are forced on them and the people who betray them will, hopefully, blow your mind and make you hopping mad and utterly soaked in sweetness at the same time.
I will tell you that if you are anxious to see if the imprints are coming back....definately stay tuned :)
Thank you readers for all the comments and reviews and posts for Significance. The response was overwhelming and I sincerely hope you enjoy the next installment of the series.

Best Wishes and Happy Endings,
Shelly Crane

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Accordance.

Quotes Shelly Liked

Shelly Crane
“You know any single girls in their twenties that would go for Bish?" I asked Caleb.
"Sure, I know plenty. But would Bish go for it? He doesn’t seem to
be attracted to anything that walks, talks, eats or breathes except my sister.”

Shelly Crane
“The day Caleb touched my hand and I saw all those things, I was excited. Yes, a little freaked but excited more. I felt like...everything I ever needed was right there. I still feel like that. It's not something you can just turn off and I wouldn't want to. I want him more than I need him.”

“Beck, we gotta go.”
“Ok.” She made smooch lips to the mirror and then smiled at me. “It's shameful to look this fabulous isn't it?” she said, making me laugh.
“Absolutely, just shameful.”

Shelly Crane
“I am so in love with you,” I told him.
He smiled graciously and pressed his nose and cheek to mine with a hand on my jaw.
“I'm so in love with you.”
“I know,” I said happily and smiled through the rain on my cheeks.”

Shelly Crane
“Everything we'll accomplish, we'll do it together or not at all.”

Shelly Crane
“I want him more than I need him.”

Shelly Crane
“He pulled my face up with his hand cupping my cheek and kissed me on my trembling mouth. He smoothed his hands down my arms, my back, my hair, my cheek, soothing me.

“There’s a picture of you two in the dictionary under ‘get a room’,” Kyle said from behind me.”

Shelly Crane
“Caleb,” I called and looked at him. “I need you.” He looked surprised as he came forward. “What do you need?” “You.” “Does this require a human sacrifice?” he said joking. “No,” I laughed and heard Jen laugh too. “You remember I told you how I needed you at my side? I do, always. I can’t do any of this without you. Your touch is the trigger.” “It is?” he said in surprise. “You are just as important as I am. In the vision, I saw that you and I will be the key, not just me. Everything we’ll accomplish, we’ll do it together or not at all.”

Shelly Crane
“It's not just jealousy because the Jacobson's are imprinting. There's a prophecy."
"A prophecy," I scoffed. "What is this, Harry Potter?”

Shelly Crane
“So what was your favourite song?"
"Um...the one about the sun sizzling into the ocean." He laughed hard. "What?"
"Zeke wrote that song about his cat."
"His cat," I repeated blandly.
"Yep, Peaches, she ran away."
"I'd run away too," I muttered under my breath, making him laugh harder.”

Shelly Crane
“He looked like he always did. Jeans and a black Foo Fighters t-shirt, his hair lay over his forehead and around his ears. I pushed my hand through it.
"It's perfect. It's you."
He grinned, shaking his head.
"Zeke told me to wear leather, lots of it."
"And you're rebelling?" I said through a laugh.
"I'm telling him to subtly screw himself.”

Shelly Crane
“Maggie." He chuckled. "I can't really be mad at you in case you haven't noticed."
"I know, I know. The imprint," I said begrudgingly.
"No, not the imprint. It's you. You're so sweet and you care about everybody. You hate when people are upset with you. You love cream soda. It's kind of hard to be mad at someone who's like that.”

Shelly Crane
“You proposed over a plate of burned bacon?”

Shelly Crane
“Alright, well, we're going to go tell Maggie's father." Kyle came forward to inspect Caleb's face closely. "Dude, what are you doing?"
"Just memorising your pretty face before it gets all mangled."
Caleb laughed and shoved Kyle who laughed too. "Shut up, man.”

Shelly Crane
“What makes you think he won't freak? He is my father and I'm his only little girl."
"Betcha five bucks."
"Deal," I said with a laugh. "He is gonna freak and I'll take your money and buy a honey bun with a diet cream soda and I won't share with you," I sang.”

Shelly Crane
“The women are okay with the husband's picking out a house for them, without them even seeing it?" Dad said with a questioningly raised eyebrow.
"Yes, sir, it's like an engagement ring. The woman doesn't pick that out either," Caleb countered.
"True...but she's not going to live in her engagement ring.”

Shelly Crane
“Caleb and Kyle couldn’t keep their eyes off me, like I was the queen of frigging England sitting at their table or something.”

Shelly Crane
“Far away, I feel your beating heart. All alone, beneath the crystal stars. Staring into space, what a lonely face. I’ll try to find my place with you What a beautiful smile Can you stay for a while? On this beautiful night We’ll make everything right My beautiful love, my beautiful love.”   - The Afters”

Shelly Crane
“The fate of all rests in the hands of all”

Finished Reading
August 14, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)

My Book Friend I really hope Caleb gets an ability!It would really stink if Maggie and Caleb couldn't be really special together!

message 2: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly Crane Hmmm......Stay tuned! :)

Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson this makes me happy :))

Randi YAY!! I am super excited about the release!

message 5: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly Crane Thank you guys!!

Michaela Foote Just finished it! Was just as good as the first. I'm going to hate waiting for it all this time though :/ oh well, I guess it gives me lots of time to reread it.

My Book Friend Just finished it also! It was awesome! The sequel is too far away, how will I last that long?

message 8: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly Crane Thank you!! New series, Devour, and sequel to Collide, Catalyst, both coming out in between Defiance, the next in the Significance series :) I'm so happy that you enjoyed it.

Kyrsten I have every intention of writing a review for this as soon as I find the time. I'm having my second daughter in the next two weeks, so I'm not sure I will get around to it soon... but I will eventually! I will say in short - I love this series, and these characters, and feel lucky to get to read such a wonderful piece of art! I can't wait for the third book, and I will definitely be picking up Catalyst and your new series as soon as I can on my Kindle. Keep up the wonderful work!

message 10: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly Crane Thank you!!! I appreciate that. And Yay the baby! Congrats. I have 2 myself. :) Boys though not girls. Good luck with that!!!! ;) I hope things go smoothly and thank you so much.

Lindsay So glad you took the time for Maggie and Caleb to come into their own and really get to know themselves and each other before throwing them back into the heat of the battle again. Great Great Book.

message 12: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly Crane Thank you for that! I was worried this would be called a filler book because of that. :) I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to start Defiance now! I really appreciate it Lindsay.

*Carissmatik* I love your books! I am so sorry about them being pirated, that is just so wrong... you deserved to get paid for this amazing story you have put so much effort and love in to write for us. I am so incredibly happy I found this book here and decided to buy it. Please, I hope you don't stop writing because you have an incredible gift. Thank you for writing this story.

message 14: by Bree (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bree Brown I just started Accordance today and am a little over a quarter through it. I really hope big things happen with Bish (I am sure you know what I mean) and also, how do I pronounce his name?

message 15: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly Crane Thank you Caroline and Bree. I have no plans to stop writing, I assure you ;) And Bree, its pronounced just like it looks. No tricks :) Thank you!!

Diana Ohmigod! when will the next book be publish? I'm really going nuts here. It's 3 in the morning here in the Philippines and I can't sleep, the ending, more like a cliffhanger, keeps playing on my mind. You're really something Shelly, I hope you knew that. Kudos! 5/5

message 17: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly Crane Diana wrote: "Ohmigod! when will the next book be publish? I'm really going nuts here. It's 3 in the morning here in the Philippines and I can't sleep, the ending, more like a cliffhanger, keeps playing on my mi..."

Ha! Thank you, Diana! :) I'm writing my fingers to the bone!

message 18: by Luna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Luna I just started reading and was wondering if jen's significant was bish, I just thought that straight away and wondered if that was true

message 19: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz I just have to tell you that I love your covers almost as much as I love the books themselves! This series is awesome! I picked the first one up on a whim and boy amd I glad I did. Love it! :)

Priscilla This is by far the best it's on my favorite list for sure ,LOve this book Caleb and Maggie what can I say my favorite couple.

message 21: by Luna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Luna I think that the book showed how Maggie and Caleb really can get through anything.

Jessica ♡. i really love the first so i guess that i really go to love this one!!!!!

message 23: by Inda (new)

Inda I haven't read the second one in the series yet, but I REALLY hope that Jen and Bish get together ;)

Jessica ♡. Dauntless wrote: "I haven't read the second one in the series yet, but I REALLY hope that Jen and Bish get together ;)"

yeah! me too but you have to read this! I'm hope for the 3rd!

Tamader Morgan I just started it ,it looks so good :) thank you @shelly crane :)

message 26: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Smiley I just finished book one and I immediately picked up and started reading book 2 and I love it! it's been a while since I've read a book I couldn't put down and this series has me reading more than anything else right now. I even woke up at 3am lastnight and thought about getting up and picking up Significance so I could finish it. When I decided to stay in bed and try to sleep, all I could think about was what was going to happen, as I was almost at the end. Love these books and I'm so glad I have them all here so I can read them all one after the other. I just don't know what I'm going to do when there are no more to read!!

Olusola Please how do I get to read this book on goodread

message 28: by Vas (new) - added it

Vas Klaudia Lesz Magyar fordítás????