Eugenia's Reviews > The Ruin of a Rake

The Ruin of a Rake by Cat Sebastian

bookshelves: mm-romance, enemies-to-lovers, historical, audiobook, favorite-authors, uk
Read 2 times. Last read April 10, 2019 to April 11, 2019.

I LOVED THIS!!!

Re-listen 4/11/19: Courtnay is still HAF!!! PANTY-MELTINGLY voiced by Gary Furlong!!

Original Review: October 2017

First things first....the audiobook narrated by Gary Furlong seriously kicks ass! His voice for Lord Courtenay DRIPPED sex and sensuality with every syllable the character uttered. Dripped. Everywhere. Seriously. My god, that voice did things to me. Things that were definitely good. Now if only I could get my SO to talk like that....mmmm...

Ahem, well, now the story. It rocked, too. We’ve got a disgraced rake, Lord Courtenay (that voice *bites bottom lip*) who is no longer allowed to see his nephew due to his disgraceful reputation. We’ve got Julian, prim and oh so proper, who has been contacted by his sister to give him a little bit of shine and respectability in hopes of being allowed to see his nephew.

Julian takes on this challenge. Julian, who has been besotted by Courtenay since he first laid eyes on him. Courtenay enjoys riling Julian up with his debauched talk. There is a constant push and pull between the characters, a play for power, a play for control, and some fun transgressions in the shadows of an opera box. Our rake is a naughty boy. One who seems to have found someone to unravel.

I so very much LOVED listening to this story. I enjoyed both previous books in the series, but I believe this one is my favorite. At times, I couldn’t stand Julian wi5h his uptight and proper ways. Yet there was such power in him when he let himself go n bed or on a challenge. And I simply loved Courtenay through and through—our reformed rake who only wants to be cared for, although he’d never admit it.

Although it’s not a requirement to read the previous books, doing so will get you more enjoyment out of this one, since all the characters are connected and come together at the very end. I hope this isn’t the last one in the series. This woman can write!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ruin of a Rake.

April 26, 2017 – Shelved
April 26, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 22, 2017 – Started Reading
October 23, 2017 –
50.0% "Courtenay’s voice on audiobook is just about the sexiest thing I’ve ever heard. It drips with sex at each syllable no matter what he says. Talking about dripping...."
October 23, 2017 – Finished Reading
April 11, 2019 – Shelved as: favorite-authors
April 11, 2019 – Shelved as: audiobook
April 11, 2019 – Shelved as: uk
April 11, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Trio YAY EUGENIA!

Eugenia Yay! I hope she swings back to MM...her latest is strictly MF...nothing queer about it ☹️

Trio I noticed that too >:/