Shelley's Reviews > Blue-Blooded Vamp

Blue-Blooded Vamp by Jaye Wells

Aug 14, 2011

bookshelves: 2012-releases, last-book-of-series, genre-ya-urban-fantasy, netgalley-arc

*Genre* Paranormal Romance
*Rating* 4.0

*Review*

Sabina Kane, the former vampire-mage assassin, is on a mission. Her mission is to find the mysterious Abel and ask for his help in stopping Cain once and for-all. Abel is after all the only person who has had any sort of success in stopping Cain. Now, he is needed more than ever to prevent the destruction of the dark races. Along the way, Sabina will be tested and her patience tried over and over again until it comes down to her or Cain.

Sabina, along with boyfriend/mage Adam Lazarus, minion Giguhl, and Recreant Mage Erron Zorn, find themselves in Italy searching for Abel. Sabina knows that without Abel’s help, she will have to fight Cain all on her own which is a major task to say the least. Several new characters including the vampire Nyx, who the god of healing Ascleopius has sent to find, join the cast and the fight against Cain.

Cain believes that Sabina has the power to cross over into Irkalla and help him kidnap Lilith away from Asmoedus, the King of the demons. Sabina knows that if she kills Cain, she and 6 others who are close to her, will die thanks to a magical spell that was placed on Cain.

When we last left Sabina, she was suffering from the loss of her twin sister Maisie at the hands of Cain. Sabina still questions the fact that she is the so called Chosen one who is said to be able to bring all the dark races together in peace and harmony. Somewhere along the line she realizes that it’s not just her that is needed to stop Cain and stop the war between the dark races. It’s become a team effort that includes those who have passed into Irkalla.

There is so much that happens in this, the last installment of the Sabina Kane series that it is hard for me NOT to spoil what happens. Lives are lost; reunions are made with those who were thought to be dead. And, a major confrontation happens with a surprising revelation that will leave readers either speechless or clapping their hands in excitement.

Wells really knows how to drive the horse towards the finish line. This series ends on a winning note and it should be noted that I’m happy to see it go out in style and grace, rather than a whimper and a struggle.

As for our snarky minion Giguhl, I am glad to have him back in his wise cracking ways instead of worrying about other things like his relationship with Brooks. I also loved the fact that he gets a reunion of his own and a shocking surprise at the end of this story.

Of course, it would be rather boring if the story was all about Sabina’s rage against Cain and her desire for retribution for her sister. The romance with Adam actually heats up and the story leaves room for imagination in where their love is headed.

Overall, this was a fantastic ending to a great series that leaves me sad but hopeful that Wells has something else in the bag for her readers and loyal followers. I’m happy that this series didn’t drag on to the point where Wells was struggling with storylines, or changing her character so much that you no longer recognize her or where the series is heading.

*ARC Received 05/04/2012 via Netgalley* Publication: June 1st 2012 by Orbit

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue-Blooded Vamp.

August 14, 2011 – Shelved
28.0% "Chapter 11"
52.0% "Chapter 22"
70.0% "Chapter 31"
May 16, 2012 –
84.0% "Chapter 37 - This is really good!"
May 16, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Say (new) - rated it 5 stars

Say i guess this really is, with the ending in book 4 you kinda expected that book 5 will be the conclusion...=) can't wait!

Shelley I guess the only real good point is that she decided not to drag the series out like other authors who then lose their audiences.

message 3: by Say (new) - rated it 5 stars

Say Shelley wrote: "I guess the only real good point is that she decided not to drag the series out like other authors who then lose their audiences."

i know....at least it made me interested in reading the whole series since the pacing and the timing for it to end was just right! =)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) I know you've been waiting for this. It's up on Netgalley now.

Shelley Thanks...requested! ::waiting::

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary M Is this the last book in the series?

Shelley Yes it is "(