Tracy Smith's Reviews > A Gypsy Song

A Gypsy Song by Willow Rose

Aug 14, 2011

Read from August 14 to 16, 2011

Pure of heart and full of determination is the combination needed in the seeking out of the "Eye of the Crystal Ball."

This fairy-tale like story follows the life of Sara, a young gypsy girl, who goes from being dropped off as a baby on an unknown couple's doorstep to being an extraordinary sorceress of the Romani tribe. Come join her as she roams with her family across the countryside learning about her mystical powers and discovering new friends along the way. With this knowledge and help from her greatest friend, Manolo, she faces the most dangerous adventure of her life when tragedy befalls her little brother and she is determined to find the answers to cure him through the Eye of the Crystal Ball. Will she have what it takes to conquer all the evil in her path? What price will she have to pay to go on in the end? You definitely need to grab yourself a copy of this book to find the answers!

I haven't read many YA fiction books but I must say that I really enjoyed this one. I enjoy kids in adventure situations and this one definitely filled the bill for that. This author had it very nicely paced and the characters were very easy to follow. It turned out to be a very quick read for me, in fact, just one short afternoon. This book basically has it all, adventure, mystical powers, mythical beings, suspense, perserverance, and love for family. What more could you ask for??

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys YA fiction that has a fairy-tale type feel to it.

This book was kindly provided to me by it's wonderful author for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Gypsy Song.