Romie's Reviews > Restore Me

Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi

bookshelves: 2018-releases, fantasy-scifi, representation-matters, young-adult, owned-books

April 26th, 2017:

I'm torn between 'GIVE IT TO ME NOW' and 'please, don't ruin my ship, my precious otp...'
Also I liked how Ignite Me ended, soooooooo I guess we'll see *keeps all the fingers crossed*

March 17th, 2018:

“All of you kids,” he says, shaking his head. “You suffer too much. You have these horrible, tragic histories. Volatile personalities. I've always wanted to help,” he says. “I've always wanted to fix that. Make this world a better place for you kids.”

I cannot believe I had to wait for three years to read this book. And now it’s done, and we have to wait another full year to know what happens next. This is a new kind of torture. Well done, Tahereh. Well done.

I was one of those who thought the end of Ignite Me was perfect. I genuinely liked how the story finished, we didn’t know exactly what Juliette and Warner would have to go through, but we had put our hope in them. Well, even my ‘I loved Ignite Me’s end’ ass loved this book. I see how it’s not for everybody, because true, it’s a very slow book, nothing really happens, but for a first book in this new trilogy? It’s perfect. It answers all the questions I had about Juliette’s past and it’s realistic? Like, I would have found it weird if Juliette had been able to be this perfect Supreme Commander even though she’s fucking new to this world.

This book is more about Juliette and Warner confronting their past, thinking about what’s going to happen next now that they’re in power. What comes next? What should they do? Who should they trust? And we finally learn more about this world, about why the Reestablishment was created in the first place, how it was created, who is at its head …. all these questions I had are starting to get answered.

This book destroyed my soul. I hurt so much throughout this book but in a way I’m hopeful for what’s to come in the next book. I trust Tahereh.

4.75

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Restore Me.

April 26, 2017 – Shelved
April 26, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 27, 2017 – Shelved as: 2018-releases
March 10, 2018 – Started Reading
page 14
3.22% "WHY AM I ALREADY IN PAIN, TAHEREH? W H Y?"
page 77
17.7% "Nothing better happen to Kenji or I will riot, I fucking swear."
page 108
24.83% "“Who says you can"t be cute and kick ass at the same time?” Kenji winks at me. “I do it every day.”

Spoken like the true bi icon he is."
March 13, 2018 –
page 184
42.3% "Hello, I'd gladly die for Kenji Kishimoto, thanks for coming to my TED talk."
March 15, 2018 –
page 299
68.74% "lol so this is what pain feels like"
March 15, 2018 –
page 308
70.8% "I look away, bite back a laugh, and nod several times as I say, “Go to hell, Kishimoto.”
“I'm right behind you, bro.” He winks at me. Just once.

I need Kenji and Warner to be best friends or something. The best bromance ever."
March 17, 2018 – Shelved as: fantasy-scifi
March 17, 2018 – Shelved as: representation-matters
March 17, 2018 – Finished Reading
May 8, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult
May 19, 2019 – Shelved as: owned-books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by emma (new) - added it

emma my thoughts exactly Romie!!

Romie Emma wrote: "my thoughts exactly Romie!!"

BUT I'M SO EXCITED WHY IS 2018 SO FAR ?!

message 3: by emma (new) - added it

emma I DONT KNOW HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO THIS

WhatIReallyRead I read this series a few years ago and I loved it. I hope the sequel doesn't ruin it. Don't even want to reread for fear of not liking it now:)

Romie WhatIReallyRead wrote: "I read this series a few years ago and I loved it. I hope the sequel doesn't ruin it. Don't even want to reread for fear of not liking it now:)"

I reread Ignite Me in January after two years of not touching it, and it was AMAZING!

message 7: by Romie (last edited Apr 28, 2017 01:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Romie Veronica PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT: A Court of Mist and Fury is an EROTICA/NEW ADULT but most booktubers won't tell you wrote: "I'm nervous, too, I hope Mafi doesn't add Other woman drama, I would die!"

As if Warner could look at someone else ^^

message 8: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Burt Lofl Romie; he'd.best.not.!! Ditto for J*; keep that Fire igniting!*>;)

Jenny I personally didn't like how Ignite me ended. It was like the beginning of the new government you know? Anderson (spoiler alert for whose that have not read Ignite me) had just died and Juliette was the Supreme Commander but how was she going to change the world and rule Sector 45 and North America and deal with the other Commanders and how was Warnette going to end up and what about the situation with Adam, James, and Warner and what about Alia and Lily and Winston and Brendan and are there other people with powers we don't know about and there were just so many unanswered questions. When I finished the book it seemed cut short so I was so elastic (like my heart was seriously elastic and bouncing like a rubber band) ut I was elated too when Mafi announced there would be three more books!