Brydie Wright's Reviews > The Rock that Rolled Across the Ocean

The Rock that Rolled Across the Ocean by N.D. Byma

In his fourth picture book, N.D. Byma brings young readers a heart-warming read with magnificent illustrations by Maddy Wagar. The Rock That Rolled Across the Ocean tells the story of a seemingly forsaken rock, covered in barnacles and going nowhere on a lonely beach. The rock's fortunes change when he is given hope that he has a purpose in life by a kind stranger who encourages him to embark on a quest to find his destiny.

Like other ocean-themed greats such as Finding Nemo, the book employs the quest formula to perfection with its likeable, enduring hero, the little rock that overcomes adversity to find his true path in life.

It is a very sweet book with a lovely message about persistence and the importance of the journey in reaching our purpose. My son was instantly drawn in by the colourful illustrations, as was I, and our interest was held by the little rock's rollercoaster ride to meet his destiny with bravery. This is a feel-good book, professionally presented, and well-written. A credit to N.D. Byma.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rock that Rolled Across the Ocean.

Finished Reading