Katie's Reviews > Saturday Requiem

Saturday Requiem by Nicci French

U 50x66

Overview:
Psychotherapist Frieda Klein is sent to assess mass-murderess Hannah Docherty as part of a wider case to ensure the case hasn't been botched. She finds herself becoming connected to the case and realises it's not as straight forward as everyone seems.

Personal:
I accidentally picked up Saturday Requiem by accident at my local bookstore without realising that I'd come in six books into the Frieda Klein series. But this book kept me informed and engaged right up until the last page and made me want to pick up the next book in the series.

The Good
-Super easy to get into, even without reading the first six book in the series I was caught up with current character arcs
-The characters felt realistic as we got into the little intricacies of the Docherty case
-Frieda is the perfect main character for a case like this, I'm not usually into detective novels so I really enjoyed her outsiders perspective and her personality
-Really interesting separate arc away from the Docherty case as well
-I read this book probably in three sittings

The Bad
- A lot of characters with similar personality type and situations (e.g. neighbours and relations) are introduced at the same time so sometimes I lost track of them.
-The same characters introduced in this book were completely dropped with no comment on what happened to them
-More than a few WTF moments

Overall:
I'd definitely recommend this book for someone who enjoys the mystery genre but I don't think this series would be interesting for anyone who is a casual fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saturday Requiem.

April 25, 2017 – Started Reading