Tracy's Reviews > A Change of Pace

A Change of Pace by J.M. Cartwright

Aug 13, 2011

bookshelves: m-m

Seriously? Shelby and Seacrest? Please say that Shelby will be getting a story! (And for some reason I'm interested in Bobby, too. Surely he has some scars that need to be worked through, and is in need of some good lovin' by a good man. Or is that just wishful thinking?)

I loved the twist about *why* Drew is the Mayor's aide, and I'm glad that he's not actually covering up dirty dealings. That would just be depressing. He's been looking for something in himself that he seems to have found, although I'm not sure if it was the love or the place or a combination of the two. Whichever, I'm glad he's happy. And I'm also kind of glad that, even in the epilogue, he still kind of has issues with Ryan's friend Shelby. I've never really understood those stories where, once the protags get together for good and real, everybody just all of a sudden magically becomes best buddies, just as if personality differences never come into play in interpersonal relations.

And I really love that, although Drew is bigger and more experienced, and has more power in a fiscal/societal sense, Ryan is the one who's really in charge. He's the one who can see the emotional turmoil that they're both going through, and is wise and brave enough to confront it.

Love the fur-babies, and since Drew is adopted himself, I think it would be amazing if one day, he and Ryan were to pay that forward by adopting themselves.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Change of Pace.