La La's Reviews > The Space Between the Stars

The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett

Jul 06, 2017

bookshelves: adult-fic, on-my-kindle, review-arcs-netgalley, blog-highlights, diverse-or-issue-related

4.5 stars on the blog.

This book read more like Literary Fiction, so if you are looking for droids, intergalactic battles, and aliens keep looking because you aren't going to find them here. The story is character driven and the MC is introspective. The storyline has many sociopolitical and human nature elements. As cliche as it sounds, thought provoking is the first thing that comes to mind when reflecting on this book. The writing is solid and smooth, and the author's setting descriptions are wonderful.

I was approved for an eARC, via Netgalley, in return for an honest review. I will be reviewing this title on my blog and will add the link when it is posted.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Space Between the Stars.

April 23, 2017 – Shelved
April 25, 2017 – Shelved as: review-arcs-netgalley
June 27, 2017 – Started Reading
June 27, 2017 – Shelved as: ditched-dnf
June 29, 2017 –
25.0% "I am loving it! This isn't a fast or high action SciFi (at least so far). It is more like Literary Fiction set in space. There is an autistic character who reminds me of my nephew who has Aspergers. He always has a notebook and colored pencils with him."
July 5, 2017 – Finished Reading