Sabrina's Reviews > The Darkest Corner

The Darkest Corner by Liliana Hart

What a wonderful book. I've been a fan of Liliana Hart for sometime now, but, this book just absolutely blew me away. A cross between JJ Graves and the Mackenzie men with some Tom Clancy thrown in, I couldn't put it down. Romance, suspense, intrigue and action packed from the first page to the last.

Tess is a mortician in a small Texas town, who tries to fly under the radar. She is not aware of how attractive she is and how strong she can be. Tess knows Deacon is more than what is seen on the surface. and that her attraction to him can be her undoing.

Deacon is a dead man walking. A man for all intents and purpose dead to all that knew him in his former life. He has been betrayed by his country and the agency to which he gave most of his life, has disavowed him. A black ops agent with no country to serve, he is recruited as a Gravedigger. He is given a single mission and that is to save the world, He knows he shouldn't fall in love, but then he meets Tess and all bets are off.

Deacon and his team are assigned the task to stop a terrorist attack known as The Day of Destiny. He discovers Tess has skills that can make this mission a success. But, can he work this close with Tess and not have his heart broken? Can he trust her with his secrets and his heart ?

I strongly recommend to anyone to read this book, you will not be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Corner.

February 16, 2017 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
February 16, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
April 22, 2017 – Started Reading