Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)'s Reviews > Hunger

Hunger by Eve Langlais

liked it
bookshelves: direct-from-publisher, romance, 2017, reviewed

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I don't read a lot of anthologies anymore but when this book showed up at my house unexpectedly, I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised with the experience overall. This is a big book and each of the stories were fairly long. I would say that they were long novellas or even short books depending on how you look at it. Each of the stories really had a lot to them and it was nice to try out several new to me authors. I am glad that I decided to read this book.

In the first story, The Alpha's Mate, things get off to an exciting start. Fabian rescues a woman who is being thrown to her death. I had a lot of fun reading this section of the book. Fabian and Vixen were great characters that had a lot of chemistry between them. It was a pretty intense story and the writing flowed well. I would definitely read more books set in this world.

The second story, Dangerous Passions, ended up being my favorite of the group. The story revolved around two couples Evan & Darnell and Trak & Chelo. I loved this pack of werewolves and really enjoyed their sense of community. There were a lot of characters in this story but everything really worked well together. I liked that the story followed two different couples each having a different set of obstacles to tackle. I really liked the chemistry between each of the couples and liked how they worked together and communicated with each other. I would love to read more about this group of wolves.

Unfortunately, Bound to the Wolf didn't as well for me as the other two parts of the book. I thought that the story started out strong with Marena's attack. I also really liked Phelan's character when we first met him. I just really never connected with the world this story was set in. I think I would have liked the book more if it had only focused on Lycans but with the addition of Zeus and other things just became too much. I didn't completely feel the chemistry between the characters and thought that the sex became the main focus of the story.

Overall, this book was a win for me and I would recommend it to others. It was a nice way to sample some writing by a few new to me authors. I will definitely consider reading more from this group in the future.

I received review copy of this book from St. Martin's Press.

Initial Thoughts
As it usually works with anthologies, I like some of the stories in this book more than others. My favorite of the group was Dangerous Passions by Kate Douglas. I liked The Alpha's Mate by Eve Langlais well enough but I honestly didn't care for the story written by A.C. Arthur.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunger.

April 21, 2017 – Shelved
May 8, 2017 – Started Reading
May 14, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Amy | Foxy Blogs great review, Carole ♥

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books) Amy (Foxy) wrote: "great review, Carole ♥"

Thanks, Amy!

Carvanz Very nice review Carole!

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books) Carvanz wrote: "Very nice review Carole!"

Thanks, Carvanz!