Sarah's Reviews > Best New Artist

Best New Artist by B.A. Tortuga

I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

As friends and lovers, Jonah and Tuff made music together for years until Jonah’s need for peace and Tuff’s need for fame tore them apart. When Tuff ends his Nashville career with a spectacular public meltdown, he makes his way home to Texas where he seeks out Jonah and the music they have always shared. Jonah became professionally successful during their time apart but the years haven’t been easy and Tuff returns to a very damaged man.

I love a second chance romance and I really loved both of these men. Tuff and Jonah’s shared obsession with music is beautiful and their easy collaborations are wonderful. In some ways, this doesn’t actually read like a traditional romance. Tuff and Jonah just meld naturally into a perfect creative companionship. There isn’t any artificial angst between these two. Before they can be lovers again, Tuff has to help Jonah deal with some pretty heavy emotional baggage and he does this slowly and patiently.

I love the music, I love the way Jonah’s compound has become almost a musical compound, and I love the friends, family, musicians and dogs that fill Jonah and Tuff’s lives. This is a simple story - both Tuff and Jonah need fresh confidence and they need to take their second chance and build a life together that meets both their needs this time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best New Artist.

Finished Reading