David Lucero's Reviews > Broken Pieces

Broken Pieces by Martha Perez

This book hit home because I've heard of people experiencing what Abby, the main character goes through in life. I also know people who claim to have been abused in their childhood, both sexually & emotionally, and the subject always left me wondering how to respond. As an author myself, most of what I write about is fiction. I use my imagination to create stories versus having actually experienced what I write about. In Martha Perez' book 'Broken Pieces,' I was left to wonder how personal she was with her character(s). I say this because it was gritty when reading about the abuse her character and emotional anguish she goes through. Some people I've had relationships with came from similar abusive families and I couldn't really understand them. This book answered a lot of questions I had left unanswered from many years ago. It's full of drama, and some scenes that made me laugh. Overall I thought it a dark book, and not one I normally read, but I do enjoy books with a realistic style as 'Broken Pieces' offers. I came away from this book feeling regardless of our experiences, there's hope in the end for love and happiness.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Pieces.

April 21, 2017 – Shelved