Melanie's Reviews > Wave Goodbye to Charlie

read count: 1

A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words review

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit http://wp.me/p220KL-ahd

From that review: " I'd read Eric Arvin's other incredible stories, including The Mingled Destinies of Crocodiles and Men, and Azrael and the Light Bringer but I had never gotten around to Wave Goodbye to Charlie. With the passing of Eric Arvin, Dreamspinner Press is re-releaseing his novels, and it was the perfect time to pick it up and revisit the mind and imagination of a truly gifted man and author.

Once again the beauty and wild earthiness of Eric Arvin's writing astounds me. From the moment we meet Charlie, ambling along the road, voicing his thoughts about the trees and the dusty, grit of the surface, we know this character. It's in his speech and thought patterns. It's where he's where's he's been, tricking himself out, and it's in his final destination, the place he calls home, an abandoned carnival that just may not be all that empty. Arvin brings us life lived at the margin of society in all it rawness and yes, tawdriness. Yet, there's something about Charlie so determined to live his life on his own terms, even if that means that his bed is a canoe from a rusted out ride, and his home does some peculiar things in the night. Charlie's a hustler, a loner, and content to be on his own as a runaway.yet unusual enough to calmly accept the strange goings on around him. That's a whole lot of intriguing to start off with and Charlie just continues to pull you into his messy and strange life..."

For all our reviews, author interviews, and all things LGBTQIA books, visit us at http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wave Goodbye to Charlie.

04/21 marked as: read