Barb ~rede-2-read~'s Reviews > Shelter the Sea

Shelter the Sea by Heidi Cullinan

There isn't a prayer that I can possibly do justice to this book, or this series in a review. It's so outstanding that a perfect superlative has yet to be invented. Add to that, the fabulous voice of Iggy Toma as Emmet, Jeremy, and the whole cast--male and female, and the audiobook has moved to the top of my 2017 favorites. I can't wait until it's time for award nominations because this one is the best!

A continuation of Emmet and Jeremy's story, this one focuses on the plan Emmet and his friends, family, and support group create to bring funding to The Roosevelt, and other facilities serving those with mental health issues such as the characters in this story. The focus is on the plight of those like Emmet and Jeremy, but includes all of the disorders for which funding is a daily struggle.

I laughed and I cried and I was so deeply touched that I won't soon forget this story or those about whom the book was written. I very, very highly recommend this book, and most definitely in the audio version.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shelter the Sea.

April 20, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 20, 2017 – Shelved
August 19, 2017 – Shelved as: audiobook
September 1, 2017 – Started Reading
September 1, 2017 – Shelved as: part-of-a-series
September 1, 2017 –
50.0% "Trying to listen to this audiobook slowly so I can savor every moment. Beautiful, story with one of my all-time favorite couples. And the narration is outstanding. I don't want it to end."
September 2, 2017 – Shelved as: angst-a-lot
September 2, 2017 – Shelved as: read-2017
September 2, 2017 – Shelved as: sweet
September 2, 2017 – Shelved as: to-re-read
September 2, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 25, 2019 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
September 25, 2019 – Shelved as: best-audio-ever (Kindle Edition)

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Fabi (new)

Fabi I'm so afraid to read this 2nd one because the first was so so so good. Your review is giving me courage. :-)