Britt's Reviews > Eine Liebe im Kaukasus

Eine Liebe im Kaukasus by Alisa Ganieva

bookshelves: translated

This was such an interesting read! The entire concept of love portrayed in this book differs greatly from what I am used to from my German perspective. I think it's crucial to stay open-minded when reading books like this one, or else you probably won't enjoy it as much. Minor spoiler (not really, but if you really don't want to know anything going into this book, skip the following sentence): (view spoiler) The book also covers many aspects of everyday life and the political situation in Dagestan.

I'm glad the German edition of this book comes with an appendix that explains a lot of the cultural background of the story. I would have enjoyed the book without this additional explanation as well, but this made it even more of a learning experience. That doesn't mean that it's a solely educational book, though. It's fun and I'd highly recommend it, especially to people who, like me, would like to read an interesting book about love and romance without being into the romance genre too much or who are just generally interested in contemporary Russian literature.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eine Liebe im Kaukasus.

April 20, 2017 – Started Reading